Tuesday 22 August 2017

What I read this Summer

Okay so this isnt everything I have read this summer but these are the three books that have stood out to me the most. Before you read this I want to make it very clear my reviews are rather terrible... if I manage to write anything more that "I like it" I will be amazed okay.
The Girls - I heard a lot about this book from Book Youtuber and actually saw it all over the internet so I felt like I already knew a lot about it when I actually got around to buying it. I want to start by saying this book is written in the perspective of a young teenage girl and so are the other two books I'm going to review. The theme of the book is very much about cults and getting sucked into a cult and how they change you or make you do things you wouldn't normally do

Where'd You Go, Bernadette - One of the reasons I bought this book is because its set in Seattle and if you didn't know Seattle is my favorite city (People of seattle, give me and green card and let me move over there okay, thank you). Its about mental illness and the different relationship within a small family of three. Like all the books I enjoyed this because it was easy to read and I never felt bored or trapped in a long chapter.

Tell the Wolves I'm Home - This book is my favourite of all three, I actually found this book on Goodreads after I had finished Where'd You Go, Bernadette because it was one of the recommended books to read and it had such good reviews and ratings. This once again is about a relationship within a family apart from this time its about a young girl and her uncle.

No comments:

Post a Comment